The Kirkistown Karting team would like to say a big thank you and congratulations to all our competitors.
We hope you all had a safe journey home.
For those who braved the wind and rain on Friday to test – thank you and we hope that isn’t the weather see too often!
The weather was kinder to us all on Saturday and we made it through the timetable with only a few delays.
We hope those cadets who took a wee bump on the day are all recovered well.
To our new drivers, the Purcell brothers Evan and Myles and Noah (and their fathers) we hope you enjoyed your time at Kirkistown and meeting all your new friends, if we can do anything to support you please let us know!
Congratulations to those who placed in their finals and gained the maximum points for the NIKA championship and to those who scored the highest across all the 4 races to win the trophies on the day.
Make sure to check out our Facebook page for some great photos capturing the day from our friend Robert from Cromlin Images.
He will do you a great deal on the photos should you wish to purchase high resolution versions from him.
Our entry for the K Plate on the 12th April is now open on Rallyscore!
Some points for you below
- Friday practice available 2-6:30pm
- You are welcome to stay at the track Friday night
- Any tyres can be used – its just a club round remember not a championship round.
- We have fab bespoke trophies for our podium finishers and of course the K plate for our champions.
- The K plate will follow the format – 2 heats, a pre final and a final.
- Heat 1 will be pre drawn, heat 2 the reverse of that and the pre final grids decided by your total from the finishing positions of the heats. Your final grid will be the result of the pre final.
- Finishing positions of the final will decide our champions.
If you have any suggestions on what we could do to make any racing at Kirkistown better for you all, please let us know!
Don’t forget your membership to the 500 MRCI gives you free entry to our monthly car events – last Saturday on the month usually!
Here you can see the classes you may join in the future including our brilliant and fastest competitors – the125 and 250 Superkarts!
Check out the website for all events.
We wish you all the very best with the rest of NIKA championship!
See you soon,
Fay, Paul, Fel, Peter & David
500 MRCI Karting Team