What is NIKA?
NIKA is your governing body for karting in Northern Ireland. We operate in order to assist our member clubs run the sport in Northern Ireland. Our four member clubs, along with our affiliated members are:
- 500 Motor Racing Club of Ireland
- Bishopscourt Kart Club
- Coleraine & District Motor Club
- Ulster Karting Club
- Nutts Corner Circuit
NIKA only exists because of our clubs and their members and everything we do is to ensure the development of karting, allowing you to race and enjoy the sport we all love. Our primary role is:-
- Co ordinate race dates between clubs
- Organise the Northern Ireland Karting Championships
- Issue race numbers for all events in Northern Ireland
- Maintain consistent rules at all clubs, under the approval of the MSA
- Liase with external bodies to secure funding
- Represent Northern Ireland karting as part of the MSA Regional Kart Committee
One of NIKA’s most important roles is to liase with external bodies, such as Sport Northern Ireland. As well as providing funding these groups also offer administration support, such as provide Child Protection & Media training. Being a member of 2 & 4 Wheels – the umbrella group representing all forms of motorsport in Northern Ireland – ensures we have a louder voice about issues affecting motorsport and karting.
Our volunteer committee members also spend a lot of time applying for funding to enhance the events you enter and the facilities you use.
The Northern Ireland Kart Championships are organised and run each year in conjunction with the member clubs.
Who is NIKA?
Three delegates from each member club are nominated to form the Association Committee. From this group, the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary are nominated and between them ensure that meetings are held to continue the management of karting, look after the financial management aspects and keep a record of meetings.
All members of NIKA are volunteers and are therefore unpaid, they simply love karting and want the best for it.